Didja miss me?

I just got back from Alaska and boy are my arms tired. Wait - no, I just FLEW IN from...oh, never mind.

Anyhoo, the trip was great. Spent a few days backpacking around Juneau and hanging out at a pair of cabins, then tooled around on a boat for a week. Scads of critters - bears, humpbacks, eagles, and a whimsical porcupine that gnawed on our cabin every night at about 2 AM.

I also got to spend some time in one of my favorite cities. Biscuits & gravy at my favorite local hangout, a few beers at the market, a leisurely stroll through one of the great bookstores, a few more beers with a fellow Illini grad at his bar, and a game at one of baseball's best new ballparks made for an excellent couple of days.

One sidenote from the trip - beards are big in Alaska. I felt right at home. In fact, the World Beard Championship will be held there in 2009. I don't know if my chin spinach is glorious enough to allow me to join the U.S. Beard Team, but I may join my local chapter. And I also may register my beard online.

A Heartfelt Personal Message to my friend SuperMilkChan:

Buy this and thank me later.

No comments: