So...about the Gygax news...

I've been too sad to post. I wish I still had my 8th grade yearbook so I could flip to the Dungeons & Dragons Club photo and see my 12-year old mug, featuring a sweet feathered middle part, looking right back at me. I'm not positive, but I think loyal reader Satan may have been in that pic as well.

Anyhoo, I'll leave you with two things. First, because nothing screams Fantasy Nerd to me more than Ronnie James Dio, here's the cover from his first band's eponymous debut album - aptly named, I might add.



Second, because I can't think of a more appropriate time to post it, here's...this.

9 comments:

Satan said...

Probably.

Ubermilf said...

Dorks.

CTK said...

*casts cone of cold spell at Ubermilf*

Ubermilf said...

Dilf says I'm a dork for not understanding that reference you made.

Clearly, he's a dork, too.

Satan said...

How come "gelatinous cube" wasn't in the poll?

Satan said...

I'm curious what Übermilf did for fun after school in junior high.

CTK said...

Gelatinous Cube was originally in the poll, but I replaced it with Wild Camel.

Ubermilf said...

This isn't about me, the half-gallon of ice cream and Scooby-Doo, this is about you.

Darth Roker said...

I used to dress as a centaur and wait for Jack Fruh to leave Tate Nowicki's house (a known gaming haven). I would then chase Fruh throughout his neigborhood. Knocking him down and casting spells on him. I would always stop short of his house as Nanna was quite intimidating. Plus his dad owned the hobby store -- Lord knows what he had in his house.