Corporate Rock

Does your employer have a theme song? My old one has not one but two.

The first one made the rounds at the office when I worked there. Rumor has it they spent in the six figures to commission it - at a time when they were laying off people left and right.

Chorus
KPMG, we're strong as can be
A team of power and energy
We go for the gold
Together we hold onto our vision of global strategy
.

Complete lyrics and remixes of the first song available here.

Lyrics and Children's Choir version of the second tune available here.

On a related note, I was rather proud of myself recently for sprouting the idea of forming a corporate rock band - ROBUST SOLUSHUNZ (I don't know how to do umlauts, but they go over the first "u" in Solushunz) - that would compose original works for corporate clients and perform them at company retreats, team-building exercises, etc. You can imagine the songs - Leveraging The Crap Out Of Our Best Practices; You'll Always Be My Preferred Vendor; Cumberland (Mutual Property & Casualty Insurance Company) Feel The Noize, etc.

I ran this by Darth the other day, and he promptly rained on my parade by telling me a friend of his is doing exactly that somewhere in greater NYC, and is actually making a few bucks doing so.

I hate when I get beaten to the punch on a good idea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should go with your idea anyway. If you don't end up doing well, just cop an attitude and accuse Darth's buddy of selling out.