Musings on the Winter Olympics

A. Good news - I have decided to Join Bode.



This is not a commitment I take lightly. I stand firm and proud beside my countryman, unburdened by the inconsequent baublery bestowed upon the victorious, with frosty mug in hand.


2. One of my favorite things about the olympics is that it gives me a chance to go up into the attic, dust off my inflatable Elfi Schlegel doll, and give it a jolly rogering.




d. I'm glad to see America has a case of Curling Fever. I've had it ever since I went skiing in Canada a few years ago and spent my downtime taking in the Brier. And while you won't find a bigger Pete Fenson fan this side of the Mason-Dixon line than yours truly, Quebec's Guy Hemmings will always be atop my curling pedestal.



He may be the clown prince of curling, but there's nobody I'd rather have throwing the hammer in the tenth end.

No comments: