Meet June 2005's "I Wanna Kill That Guy" of the Month



Ty Pennington.

Given that my average reader is a 43-year old stay-at-home mom in Duluth, GA, I know what you're thinking - what's your deal? He's just a lovable, off-the-wall, hunk-of-a-carpenter who likes to goof around on the set of Trading Spaces.

First, that description of him seems to be the product of a calculated marketing/PR campaign. Funny how it pops up here and here. And here, too, where we also learn that Ty has a one man band called Barney, in which he sings and plays the guitar in a white leisure suit lit up with Christmas lights. What a cutup - he's Ray Stevens with props.

Which leads me to point number two - his schtick. Wacky does not equal funny, at least not funny ha-ha. It equals bad and annoying, and Ty is extremely wacky. He's the Carrot Top of the home improvement world.

C'mon Ty, nobody's going to Sears.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lay off Ty with your dated material. Ty is no longer on Trading Spaces. He is on Extreme Makeovers and changes a familie's life more in 7 days than you will in your entire life.

Plus he is hot, hot hot!

Anonymous said...

I think Ty is getting old and worn out. I saw him a few weeks ago building an ottoman for a handicapped couple and I couldn't believe it was him. He must wear a lot of makeup.

I also think he had his ass done.

Darth Roker said...

Picking on remoding shows is so easy -- why don't you pick on other reality shows like Big Brother 9 or Dancing With The Stars?

How about Ellen or Tony Danza? Not creative enough to take them on are you? No, you'll just spend your time picking on a guy who has helped hundreds with his bare hands, while you punch aimlessly on a keyboard eating Krackle bars.

Loser!

Anonymous said...

You know that ty made those creamy toppings with his own "hands" don't you?

AHAHAHAHAHAAH I almost said "hands and glands" or "hand to gland contact." But I diddn't