My Memorial Day weekend was fantabulous, thank you very much



Apologies for the belated wrapup. Asheville? What a fantastic town. Gorgeous mountain views all around, a great little city with a solid commitment to the arts and a ridiculous bounty of good restaurants (and, more importantly, great breweries). Started the weekend with top-notch BBQ at a local joint I'll recommend to anyone who finds themselves in Western North Carolina. My brew of choice for the weekend was Firewater IPA, I highly recommend it if you're in the area.

Darth's employer is a new sponsor of the local minor league team, and he actually got to throw out the first pitch the night we went to see them play. I can vouch for the fact that it was a strike, however I'm still waiting for a copy of the excellent pic Mrs. Darth took of the moment (radar clocked him at a nice even 50 mph). Good news - the Tourists were victorious over the Catfish.

The best part of the weekend? This little rapscallion right here:





No comments: