Quote for the Day

Well you know they said it was my last ride man! Yesterday when I finished hanging and banging. When I jumped on the Harley man. As I went thru the intersection. As I headed for the mountains, some of the nonbelievers in the gym said "See ya later Hulkster man! This is your last ride." Ate me alive brothers. When I felt the fury. As I ripped. As I tore this shirt. As I headed for the sunset man. I looked down brothers. And as the sun beamed off the golden eyes, I realized that sooner or later, you gotta live and die and you gotta face the truth. And for you Andre the Giant, it's time to face the truth brother. Because when I think about what you and I have to do man. What I have to do is nothing. All I have to do is merely beat a seven foot four 550 pound giant. But Andre, you've gotta face the truth brother. In its purest form man. The purest truth there is man. The training, saying your prayers, eating the vitamins. And to beat me man, You've got to beat every little Hulkamaniac, every little Hulkster in the world. Everyone that plays it straight. All the ones that don't take any shortcuts brother. And they usually say "If the dirty air don't get you, the politicians will." But in this case. It's going to be Hulkamania. And the reason it's going to get you man, it's the purest form of the truth there is. And I can't wait to see you go down at the feet of Hulkamania in front of 90,000 plus in the Silverdome. What you gonna do Andre The Giant when the real truth, the 24 inch pythons and Hulkamania runs wild on you?

-- Hulk Hogan, Wrestlemania III

Photobucket

4 comments:

Ubermilf said...

Amen, brother

Darth Roker said...

I am pretty certain my mom had that sewn in to a throw cushion in her living room. I hope he turns his marriage around. Nobody deserves to be happy at home more than Terry does. If just half of the hulkamaniacs would eat their vegetables, do their homework, and look both ways before they cross the street, Terry's marriage would be healed and cancer would be cured.

Anonymous said...

that still gives me shivers. that's when wrestling meant something. people came together to do things the right way, and run wild over the opposition.

i remember thinking really really really really really hard in my livingroom, "you can do it. you can slam andre." and he did. and i was part of it.

even though it was a vhs tape. i was still part of the movement.

CTK said...

I just read the entire quote again and ripped my V-neck sweater in two. I forgot that I was wearing a mustard-stained Smashmouth concert shirt underneath - I look like such a schmuck right now.