Psst....I've got a birthday coming up in a couple of months

and I've got two words for you: Tank. Chair.

Photobucket


Tank Chair is an off-road, all-purpose wheelchair that’s turning a lot of heads at the CES show. This tough chair is built out of a one-piece steel chassis with the tracks made from ruggedized rubber and lightweight aluminum struts. Boasting a top speed of 5 mph, the Tank Chair Mk II has 24V, 2HP, 127RPM variable speed motor that gets its juice from four Optima Deep Cycle batteries. Coming with a 22:1 gear ratio it can traverse a 10% incline, most likely so you can run over cars you don't like. Its creator claims that the chair can even outpace a golf cart. That sounds great as it would be able to go almost anywhere. Priced at $15,000, the Tank Chair is expected to be available later this month.

Photobucket

I wish it could go a bit faster, like the Speedster model, but I'm willing to sacrifice a little speed for off-road capability. I wonder what kind of torque the motor puts out. Also, I don't see any cupholders listed in the specs, but I can probably find some aftermarket options.

2 comments:

Ubermilf said...

I wonder how much of a power drain a mini-fridge would put on the battery?

Darth Roker said...

For $1300 I'll put a blower on it and strap some blue lights to the under carriage.