This weekend's Whopperism:

Nespotism.

I was hoping for more, but didn't really get much besides talk of his new "plah-sma" (or perhaps "plosma" would be a better spelling of his pronunciation) TV and writing still more letters to the editor of the Atlantic City Press about property taxes.

Oh, sorry - I should clarify. "The Whopper" is my father-in-law, who was in town this weekend. He's about 5'7", 150 lbs. He's a really good guy but he's almost Magic Johnson-like in his ability to make up new words. My personal favorite was the time he incorporated "juxtasuppose" and "fonton" (futon) into a single sentence.

4 comments:

Ubermilf said...

Does he chew bumble gum and order cheese hangburgers in restaurants? My four year old does.

Or, after an afternoon with my day, "I played chest (chess) with grandpa but it was too conklecated (complicated.)"

I suppose it's cuter when a four-year-old does it.

Ubermilf said...

oops. It's cheese hangubers. My mistake.

CTK said...

He does neither. But he chews his food with his mouth open, belches extremely loudly (followed by an "oh, exCUSE me!" in a surprised tone, despite the complete lack of surprise on the part of his company), and occasionally lets out a painfully loud and long fart in public (case in point, when I was making a wedding toast to my wife in front of both sets of parents as we were about to serve our wedding cake).

He's a piece of work, but it's hard not to really like the guy.

I could totally go for a cheese hanguber right about now, btw.

Darth Roker said...

ffffffffffffaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrttttttttttttttttttt