Soundtrack from tonight's trip to the grocery store

I'll bet it beats yours:





On a related note, I sometimes find myself wondering if Eddy Grant and Billy Ocean became friends after recording the theme songs to Romancing the Stone and its followup, Jewel of the Nile, respectively. Similarly, I sometimes wonder if Christopher Cross and Michael McDonald became tight after their collaboration on "Ride Like the Wind". And then I wonder if all four of them ever played golf together, or had a team in a bowling league, or went on quadruple dates together or anything.

I'm not sure why I think about things like this, but I do. Sometimes.

And one final note before I end this suddenly awkward post - to this day whenever I hear the Michael McDonald "SUCH A LONG WAY TO GOOOOOO" line in "Ride Like the Wind" I have to stop whatever I'm doing, put my hands up to my ears as if to press a pair of imaginary headphones tightly against my head to better hear the track, close my eyes, and sing along as if I were Michael himself in the studio. I'm also not sure why I do that, but that's how I roll.

Yes, I'm still taking my medication.

2 comments:

Ubermilf said...

Thank you.

I am sufficiently entertained.

Are you feeling better?

CTK said...

Much better, thanks.