Kwik-e Houston Recap: Good Times



- 2.5 hour mechanical delay (refueling issue) on the outbound flight. Highlight: Mechanic can't seem to pull up the handle used to open the gas cap, so he reaches into his pocket and, drawing upon his rudimentary knowledge of levers and fulcrums and such, pulls out a quarter and tries to pry the handle open. When that doesn't work, he disappears for a good 20-30 minutes. This would happen again later when attempting to open the gas cap on the other wing.

- Arrive at the conference 30 minutes after the start time of my panel. Thankfully (or unfortunately), they're able to swap panels and schedule mine for a later time (I'd like to think it's because I'm just that important, but the panel moderator/my former boss/big fish in my small work pond was also on my flight).

- After a day of stomach rumblings - including an in-flight check to make sure that I had an air sickness bag at the ready - I abruptly interrupt a delightful conversation with colleagues during a pre-dinner reception by announcing that I'm not feeling well. Working my way through the hotel lobby full of tax nerds I get within 10 feet of the men's room entrance before violently heaving all over myself.

Damn I'm smoove. Apparently I'm combating a stomach bug of some sort. I had a similar experience while out with friends last night (although I made it to the bathroom in time).

I was going to post the Vomit Guy (Mr. Creosote) scene from Meaning of Life here, but that's pretty revolting.

Okay, here it is.

3 comments:

Ubermilf said...

Maybe at the next conference they'll list you as "CTK -- You know, the vomit guy?"

It would be worse if all the attendees to your talk exited the room en masse and vomited all over themselves; so, there's that.

SuperMilkChan said...

Damn! I was totally prepared to not be revolted.

But I failed.

Dude - totally gross!

And yet, still funny...

Which one of the Formers was witcha? The Hatchet or The Pacifist?

CTK said...

If I correctly understand your monikers, the Pacifist.