And So It Begins...

Sure enough, I had a package from Dr. Natura waiting for me when I got home last night. Here's the Colonix(TM) system in a nutshell:

1. Some sort of powder that you mix with water, juice, etc., and drink every morning. I had a glass of it this morning, it wasn't very good.

2. Some gigantic capsules that would probably get lodged in your throat if they went down the wrong way. 2 of these each morning (4 per day after day 5). Took these today as well.

3. A packet of tea bags (ha ha, I said "tea bag") - had a cup last night. Not too bad.

So I figured it would take a couple of days for anything to take effect, but on the drive to work this morning my innards started rumbling and I felt the need to take a big ol' dump. However, I was flipping around on XM and "The Final Countdown" was on Big Tracks, which quickly made me forget about it. After a cup of coffee the urge came back with a vengeance. I rushed off to the john and fired off the opening salvo...

Diarrhea. I hope this doesn't continue for a month.

Addendum to yesterday's post
After another read, I'm not very happy with it. I was going for "so lame it's actually kind of funny", which takes quite a bit of subtlety - there's a narrow window of funny that exists between just "lame" and "over the top lame", and it's tough to hit. I think I may have missed (although I was happy with my efforts on Levar Burton). Oh well, sometimes you kick, sometimes you get kicked.

2 comments:

Darth Roker said...

Will you be taking requests as to what you will be eating during your Colonix kick? I for one think you should be doing a lot of steaks and pasta, loaded down with tons of cheese.

SuperMilkChan said...

I'm pretty sure that coffee interacts with your gastrointestinal tract in such a way as to encourage the elimination of waste. This may be a good time to wean yourself off the joe...or suffer a "solid" month of diarrhea!