Welcome to my little slice of hell

Hey CTK, what's this all about?

I have no idea. I originally set up this spot to document my experiences trekking around the world in a state of midlife delirium. I'm still married, employed, and living in Virginia, however, so that plan has been relegated to the Escapist Fantasy bin for the time being.

Then I thought it might be a hoot to run a site dedicated to all things G. K. Chesterton, maybe like GKChesterblog or something clever like that. However, a quick Google search convinced me that the G. K. Chesterton market is being adequately served. (Kudos to all the Chesterheads out there - shine on, you crazy diamonds!)

That guy rocks! Have you been to www.chesterton.org?

Yes. I was visitor # 313, 056 since 11/20/97.

What's your favourite Chestertonism?

Ah, one of my many fans from across the pond. Welcome! To answer your question: "The comedy of man survives the tragedy of man."

I like "What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" LOL!

That was W. C. Fields. Moving on...

So I'm back at square one. This will be a blog with no rules - basically, the Outback Steakhouse of blogs, albeit with a severe Bloomin' Onion deficit. Arbitrary randomness will prevail. Pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable. I promise neither entertainment nor enlightenment, and I feel confident in my ability to deliver.

No comments: